About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Update on TeiredCaker

I recently received a wonderful email from the creators of  the app TeiredCaker.  I find I must make an update to my review.  In my review, I noted that they did not do hexagon in their "other" category for shaped cakes.  This was an error on my part.

In the "Select your pan sizes" option you can choose from all the available sizes of pans listed so that it can accurately account for the amount of cake you want to price.  It will only take into account the pans you list.  Since I didn't have those selected for some odd reason they did not show up when I was playing around with the app.  This was my error.  It does oval, petal (both four and six petal pans) as well as hexagon.  

This also showed me a level of customer service that I didn't expect.  Not only did they read the review of their product but they responded themselves and very promptly.  The tone of the email was very genuine and friendly and made me appreciate the fact that I'd done the review.  I know how much it means to get a review from a client that lets you know how your work is received. 

Just to recap - my assessment on the pan shapes was incomplete due to user error not the creator.  They are aces in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment