About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

PWG Guild Lunch at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cary


Part I - Lunch at Homewood Suites

The Triad/Triangle Perfect Wedding Guide held their guild lunch at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cary. These lunches are always a treat. They were my first introduction to networking within the wedding industry. Gail Galloway is the lady behind it and her goal is to bring wedding professionals from across the triad and triangle into different venues for a great meal, an informational guest speaker and a little self promotion.
I have been attending these lunches for almost two years. One of my favorite aspects of the lunches is that you are not just having lunch but you are being served lunch by the venue and it gives you the opportunity to know what their services are like. Different vendors are invited and encouraged to volunteer their services to their fellow professionals. It's great way to display your skills to your peers so that they know to add you to their list of preferred vendors when they talk to their brides. Planners can find bakers, photographers, florists, etc. It is also a great way to see new venues so that you have a frame of reference for deliveries and asthetics when speaking with your brides.

You do not have to be a member of the PWG guild to attend the lunches. The lunch fee is $23 and it lasts from 11am to 1pm. It is well worth the cost of lunch. If you're interested you can contact them directly at pwg@triad.rr.com or gail@pwg.com or you can contact Southern Gold Leaf Cakes at veronica.yoshida@pwg.com.  Don't forget to subscribe to the newsletter for more on the wedding industry.


Host - Homewood Suites by Hilton Cary
Catering - VAB Catering
Photography - Blue Box Photography
Linens - A Special Event
Floral Decor - Teacup Floral
Door Prize - Bartending Unlimited
Luncheon Coordinator - Cherished Celebrations


No comments:

Post a Comment