About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's my birthday!

Yep, it sure is.  Yesterday was experimental cookie day and today is experimental cookie icing/painting day.  I can think of only a few better ways to celebrate than making a mess, I mean, art in the kitchen.  I hope to have a few photos later today.

I can honestly say my kids and hubby get much more excited about cookies than cake at this juncture simply because I'll let them eat the cookies.  Oh, sure, I give them some of the little left overs of cake but it's cookie and candy time they get excited about.  They also know at their birthdays they get to pick a really cool cake and even at 10 and 5 they can totally design a cake!

 
It's my birthday - everybody eat cake!



Our first cut outs - playing with Halloween shapes             Playing with icing to "liven" them up. 

It's a work in progress but you can see we're moving into fun new places with the cookies. 

And my kids, who really aren't into sweets, have given them the sticky thumbs up that they're awesome! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Veronica!

    You won the giveaway on my blog for my birthday, so it's a good week for the libras! Email your mailing address to me at acaketoremember@yahoo.com and I'll get the card in the mail to you.

    -Kara
    www.acaketorememberva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete