About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Social networks and your business

Last week I had the priveledge to cater dessert to a Perfect Wedding Guide event at the Croasdaile Country Club.  The topic: using social networks to the best advantage for your business.  It sounds pretty simple and no-brainer but even for someone like myself (and I felt I was pretty savvy on how to use Facebook at least) it was extremely informative and extremely simple.

Angel Guerrero was the guest speaker and he did such an amazing job at conveying information that could be understood at any interaction level.  He managed to break it down to it's easiest to understand format but at the same time reminding us that we are still in control of what we put into it.  It doesn't have to be a scary thing.  You can find Angel on Facebook. 

The food was excellent and a big thank you to John Sluck at the Croasdaile Country Club here in Durham.  The the made the entire event seem flawless and effortless!   Shavon Via Photography did some really amazing work as well.  You can find her on Facebook also.  She was kind enough to allow me to repost the her work here.  She made my work look absolutely fabulous.  Thank you Shavon.  

All of this is a constant reminder that social networking is all about people.  Whether it's on Facebook or any other forum it's still about people.  We are in the people business.  That's why it's called social networking.



Myself, Michael and Gary of
Flowers by Gary

White and roses display





Caramel Apple cupcakes, pecan pie tartlets and cookies.
Link to Shavon Via Photography on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Snow-Camp-NC/Shavon-Via-Photography/155760291875?ref=ts

Link to Angel Guerrero's page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/angelguerrero

No comments:

Post a Comment