About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cupcakes!

I'm excited about my new weekend schedule.  Does it mean I get to sleep in an extra hour?  No.  Will you get to relax a little more?  No.  Then is it more time for myself somewhere in the day?  No.  How, you might ask, can I become excited about a schedule that includes none of the above?  The answer my friends is cupcakes!  While they have not always been my friend they are now becoming a fond aquaintance. 
  PlayNation in Morrisville, NC is an outstanding indoor play place that does birthday parties every weekend.  The parties are two hours long and include over an hour of indoor play on the bouncy houses and wooden play houses and then pizza and cupcakes.  Now, just guess where those cupcakes are coming from?  That's right, Southern Gold Leaf Cakes.  Each weekend I deliver fresh chocolate and vanilla cupcakes to them for their weekend parties.  They also do weekday parties and we deliver for those too! 
  The Powell's are incredibly friendly and wonderful people.  They are the owners and have created a family business for family fun.  I love that!  The also have times when you can come and "pay to play" which doesn't require a party and covers a lot of time.  The facility is clean and well monitored.
You can find them at their website http://www.playnationparties.com or on Facebook. 



 

A small side note, Kara from A Cake to Remember just informed me I won her birthday give away!  Almost as exciting for me is she decided to post to my blog.  I'm an avid reader of hers and love her work.  So a big thank you to Kara, happy birthday to both of us, and let's keep baking!

You can find Kara at http://www.acaketorememberva.blogspot.com/.   Happy reading!

2 comments: