About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Two blue cakes

The weekend of the 23rd and 24th were particularly busy and I will admit that part of it was due to an unusual lack of organization on my part. However, I did have so much fun working on these cakes. I have later found out that everyone but the bride and groom knew about the rehearsal cake.

The cat and dog represent our bride and groom.  The chuppah that they are under was recreated to match the one that they used in the their wedding and was made by their very good friend.  I am told that they were thrilled and many laughs were shared over this cake. 

This was a delicious chocolate covered cherry cake with cream cheese frosting and chocolate covered cherries on the border! It was a lot of  fun.
And the wedding cake the next day...
Congratulations, Marsha and Rick Ohayon!

No comments:

Post a Comment