About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Sarah and Andrew, an October wedding

Sarah and Andrew, an October wedding

I'm a short person.  I reach about 5'2" on a good day.  When Sarah and Andrew arrive for their tasting the first two things I notice are, 1) they are both about 5'11" and 2) they look relaxed and comfortable; both smiling!
As we began our consultation I asked them to talk about themselves for a moment so that I could get a feel for their personalities, see if I could get a real sense of where they were going with their wedding celebrations.  We talked about everything from school to solar panels to how to survive the zombie apocalypse!  Oh, yeah, I love these guys.

What I found was that Sarah and Andrew were very down to earth folks, fitting since Sarah is going to be studying horticulture and Andrew works with solar panels, and that they aren't afraid to do their wedding exactly as they want.  This means no big party, no bending to what everyone says they have to have, no creating a memory that isn't in keeping with their lifestyle.

Our finished cake will be simple, delicious and homey.  I can't wait to update this with a follow up story and photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment