About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Box of Chocolates - update

This has been quite the learning experience but in a really great way.  It tuned out much the way I expected and with the learning curve not being as bad as I expected.   Here are the sheets of chocolate rolled out to dry so that I could construct the box.  Then there were about two dozen red velvet cake balls that were placed in gold cups for the "candy" portion.

Then there was building the box and piping the details.  I also built the lid so that it could be opened.  The sheet cake on the inside was lemon blackberry. After making a "tray" for the "candy" it was placed on top.

The names were piped on in chocolate.  CRU stands for Clinical Research Unit (they are the GCRC).  If you can see the small beading work, that is chocolate as well.  I used a 4mm bead maker to make those tiny little pearls.   I wanted to do so much more in the way of decoration but just simply ran short of time.  More images will be on FB and the website.

box walls of chocolate

red velvet "candy"



candy on a tray

box lid
 

Front view

Side/aerial view




No comments:

Post a Comment