About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

April's "Show Stopper" wedding cake

Every so often you get a bride that knows exactly what she wants down to the tiniest detail.  Sometimes a bride is more flexible and will bend like a willow reed.  Then you have a bride like one that I'm currently working with for her April wedding. 
 Now, I'm not going into great detail about the cake here because it's too early and she should see her cake before all the details have been printed for the world to see.  However, she has been one of the easiest brides when it comes to design I have worked with in a long time. 
  She knew the essentials of what she wanted and told me in our first conversation, "I want to go bold."  She sent me an image of the style she wanted.  So I ran with it in the most bold and daring way yet tried to keep it tasteful and elegant.  First hurdle cleared, she loved it! 
  When we talked more during the tasting and shared more ideas with her, again, she's not only loving the ideas but pushing the envelope one step further but ulitmately saying, "You're the professional.  If you think we can do this and still keep it beautiful then let's do it.  I trust you and know you'll make it perfect."   That is some high praise and not just a little bit of pressure.

All of the above being said, this cake will have it all.  In the end, I believe it will be regal and elegant and put a new spin on some more traditional concepts.  I can't wait to get pictures posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment