About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Anniversary

 Happy 1st Anniversary to Sarah and Christian Funkhouser!

Last year on September 24th  I had the honor of creating the wedding cake for Sarah and Christian.  I delivered to the University Club at the University Towers here in Durham, NC.

The designs you see piped onto the cake were the inverted colors of the topper they had created.  

I really enjoyed working with Sarah and Christian.  They had a great groom's cake too!  

Congratulations and happy 1st anniversary!

This is the pattern on the fabric that the topper was created from.  We decided to do red on white to decorate the cake.


The groom's cake.  The camp fire really flickered!

No comments:

Post a Comment