About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Friday, July 13, 2012

To the Blue Zone

The hottest weekend on record and my delivery happened to be four tiers of red velvet and cream cheese to the Blue Zone at UNC.   We managed to make it in plenty of time and without melting and the results turned out pretty good.  Congratulation to Molly and Matt on their gorgeous ceremony and reception.


I don't know if you can see it but there's a sword behind the cake.  I think they planned to use it to make the cut since there is only a cake server next to the stand.  I have to say, if this is the case, not only is that oober cool but I'd love to find a picture of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment