About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Renewing your vows

For years I have said that if  couple can make the first ten years they should get to do it again - new dress, catered reception, gifts, the works.  Why?  Because many of us look back and say, "I wish I'd done...." and by now we need new stuff!  On top of that ten years is a big milestone, I think, by today's standards. 

Imagine my surprise and delight when I met with a bride-to-be and found out this is actually a renewal of vows wedding.  They are celebrating ten years and she wants it to be so much more than it was the first time.  Obviously if they have made it ten years it's not the party that makes a marriage but after ten years maybe you deserve a party.  She explained to me how the initial wedding and reception were handled.  They were nice but her memories of it are not great.  She wants to do it her way this time and so we got to talk some cake.

An hour and a half later, many laughs and knee slaps later, we had created a gorgeous cake that said, "Yes, this is the one." 

I'm so glad that I am not the only one who thinks that every ten years should be a chance to say, "I would do this all over again" and (maybe) get new stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment