About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Friday, July 1, 2011

June 23rd - Simple and Elegant

Not every wedding cake needs to be towering stacks of cake with dozens of flowers and beading.  When a bride calls and say that they have a small budget but still want a cake - no problem.  When she says I don't need a lot of cake but I'd like a pretty cake - no problem.  When she asks if she can still have flowers and the colors she likes - no problem.

Lotus blossoms and Cala lillies
Simple and elegant, flowers of choice, beading and bands.  It also gave me the chance to learn a new flowers and play with brilliant colors.  At the end of the day, a happy bride.

And, yes, it was last minute but that is a perk to being the boss.  I get to make the hard decisions and sometimes they make you feel good!

1 comment: