About Me

My photo
Durham, NC, United States
My name is Veronica and I own Southern Gold Leaf Cakes. I opened my home-based business in 2008. I am a licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in custom cakes. Since all cakes are made to order there are no frozen cakes here, only fresh and only home made. I am a self-taught baker but I have a strong art background with years of baking experience. It is the most rewarding feeling in the world when you can apply your skills to do something you love. To see my cake creations and view our yummy menu visit us at www.southerngoldleafcakes.com!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Check and double check

It's always good advice.  When dealing with a delivery I always double check the venue, directions, phone numbers and time.  I double check as many items as is within my power.  Unfortunately, when there's a third party who is involved in something as crucial as the venue and the time, it takes away a bit of the that control that, quite frankly, I need in order to feel comfortable about the delivery.

My case in point happened just today and it was no fault of the lady whom ordered the cake, the venue it was being delivered to or myself.  In fact, having spoken to the paying client and the venue still did nothing to fix the issue - wait for it - the venue had no record of delivery today.  It was communication between a third party and everyone else that broke down.  Alas, this sent me to two different places in town, multiple phone calls, self-doubt, much frustration and ultimately back to the original delivery point.

The delivery was a success simply because it made it to the right place in one piece.  But when I can, as often as I can, I do repeat...check and double check and then more forward cautiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment